Club Active is an over 50s health and fitness centre with an in-house allied health clinic offering professional services from dietitians, physiotherapists, and exercise physiologists. We spoke with our passionate Physiotherapist, Marcello Di Riscio, about his career in physiotherapy.
Tell us about your journey to Physiotherapy
I grew up in Auckland, New Zealand. I landed on the Gold Coast, 14 years ago after spending most of my 20’s in Sydney, Australia. I love the Gold Coast for the sunshine, the beaches, the cafes & the growing sense of community we have here.
After starting my career as a personal trainer on the Gold Coast, I completed my Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science at Bond University. I then progressed on to complete a Doctor of Physiotherapy.
My qualifications include:
- Doctor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Sports & Exercise Science
- Strength & Conditioning & Personal Training
Why did you become a Physiotherapist?
I have a passion for helping others to help themselves, and I get to do this every day through physiotherapy. Helping people improve their overall quality of life via education is my favourite part of my daily role as a physiotherapist. I get to see the lasting change education can have on an individual and the flow-on effect it can have on their loved ones.
I help people by assisting with the management of their injury/s and changing any self-limiting beliefs that can stem from chronic pain/conditions. My goal as a Physiotherapist is to assist others to understand their capabilities, by achieving a sense of physical accomplishment.
Marcello can help you with
- Strength and conditioning
- Injury management through a holistic bio-psycho-social approach
- Chronic pain management & understanding the psychology around chronic pain
Fun facts about Marcello
- I LOVE eating & keeping myself fit
- I enjoy riding motorbikes & wave jumping on my jetski as often as possible.
- I have a keen awareness of biomechanics & enjoy helping people realise their full potential.
- I enjoy watching most sports, especially those with plenty of physical contact such as MMA & boxing are of particular interest to me; I support any sporting team coming out of NZ, especially the All Blacks!
Marcello takes pride in helping others to help themselves through a hands-on, tailored exercise and professional approach. If you need tailored care for an injury or you need assistance with managing your chronic pain, book in with Marcello!